Eggs benedict originates from New York which consists of two halves of an English muffin with poached egg, bacon and hollandaise sauce. It is usually served at breakfast/brunch.
We didn’t have any English muffins so we had to compromise with bagels instead. Here are the steps we took in order to create a tasty eggs benedict!
Ingredients (for one) :
- 3 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 2 eggs
- 1 plain bagel
- 1 batch hot hollandaise sauce
- 3 strips of bacon
- 1/2 sliced avocado
- 30g smoked salmon
- chopped chives
- Slice the bagel in half and toast
- Spread cream cheese on both halves of the bagel
- Place smoked salmon and sliced avocado on one and crispy bacon on the other
- Boil water in a pot and add the vinegar into the pot
- Break the eggs into a cup and place into the pot and cook for 2-3mins
- Place the eggs carefully on top of the avocado and bacon
- Pour the sauce over the eggs and add chives for the finishing touch!